There are 20 orders (10 higher, 10 lower) that have priests and temples throughout Tsuranuanni.
The gods were considered to have a full word on the life of Tsurani. Their divine mandate imparted order to the Empire and made sense of everything: from reward for honourable service, and the right of nobles to rule, to constraints in the Game of the Council.
The known gods are as follows:
- Chochocan: The Good God. The Healer. The Bringer Of Rest.
- Zamach: The Leveler. The Fountain of Knowledge. The Master of Justice.
- Oxalaca: The Master of Oceans. Builder of Ships. Master of Fishers.
- Lashima: Queen of the Sky. Mother of Birds. Builder of Clouds.
- Juran: The Just. Master of Life. God of the Home. Father of Winds.
- Sibi: She who is Death. Lover of All. Dancer in the Darkness.
- Jastur: Lord of War. Bringer of Terror. The Revenger.
- Thanaxaca: Master of Song. Lord of the Dance. Father of the Arts.
- Hilbantucan: The Architect. The Silent Builder. The Master of Works.
- Fa: The Sleeper. Master of the Night. The Retriever.
- Tomachaca: Bringer of Peace. Lover of Children. Protector of Orphans.
- Hilio: The Teacher. Master of Wisdom. Judge of Life.
- Juru: Lord of Sailors. Father of Waves. Lord of Fish.
- Salana: Mistress of Rain. Harvest Mother. Mother of Beasts.
- Hantukama: Lord of Healers. Bringer of Blessed Health. Cloud Rider.
- Turakamu: Brother to Death. Eater of Hearts. The Silently Waiting One. The Red God.
- Baracan: Lord of Swords. Singer of Battle. God of Honor.
- Milianxana: Goddess of Singers. Mother of Happiness. Mistress of Wine. Goddess of Love.
- Tuth: Master of Levels. Hewer of Stone. God of Builders. Lord of Laborers.
- Nictac: Lord of Thieves. Master of Assassins. Protector of Travelers.
Gods in addition to 20Edit
- Indiri: No qualities mentioned. The unnamed mother of Hokanu of the Shinzawai is recorded as having taken service in Indiri's temple after her husband Fumita was taken by the Black Robes. 
- Alihama: Goddess of Travelers. 
- Lulondi: God of Farmers. Obscure priesthood. 
- Zurgauli: God of Ill Luck. 
- Kelesha: Goddess of brides.  Goddess of Mercy 
- Sularmina: Shield of the Weak. 
Behind the scenesEdit
On the occasion of the wedding and coronation of Justin and Jehilia, they are called the "Twenty Higher Gods."  The following chapter speaks of the "Twenty Gods of the Higher Heaven and the Twenty Gods of the Lower Heaven."
- ↑ Servant of the Empire, ch. 16.
- ↑ Mistress of the Empire, ch. 7.
- ↑ Mistress of the Empire, ch. 9.
- ↑ Mistress of the Empire, ch. 18.
- ↑ Daughter of the Empire, ch. 7.
- ↑ Servant of the Empire, ch. 3, p. 42.
- ↑ Daughter of the Empire, ch.9, p. 233.
- ↑ Mistress of the Empire, ch. 31.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|